Full name Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi
Born March 1, 1980, Khyber Agency
Major teams Pakistan, Asia XI, Deccan Chargers, Fly Emirates XI, Griqualand West, Habib Bank Limited, ICC World XI, Karachi, Leicestershire, South Australia
Playing role Allrounder
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Legbreak googly
Shahid Afridi started playing cricket from the age of 11-12. In his words, “I loved the game immediately but started playing the game seriously only in 1993-94. I started playing domestic cricket from Karachi Cricket Club. My brother also played cricket. That is how I really got interested. He started playing after watching Imran Khan; so did I. I started playing cricket for Pakistan in 1996″.This unknown 16 year old became a household name after his very first match. .
– Test Debut v Australia at Karachi – October 1998
– ODI Debut v Kenya at Colombo (SSC) – March 1996
– He was brought into international cricket as a 16-year-old leg-spinner and struck the fastest one-day hundred in his maiden innings off only 37 balls.
– His reputation for the unexpected made him unable to command a regular position in the Pakistan team until Bob Woolmer took over as coach.
– In early 2005, he hit the joint second fastest Test half-century at Bangalore and took crucial last day wickets, in helping Pakistan memorably level the Test series.
– He currently has the best strike rate in ODIs, and also the record for most number of 6s in ODIs.
The Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi became first spin bowler to take 150 wickets in Twenty20 Cricket after his spell of two for 16 in Faysal Bank Twenty20 match against Bahawalpur Stags at Baagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore (3rd Dec 2012).View :96395